Marilyn has over 25 years of experience advising clients on matters involving estate planning, estate administration, tax and business planning and formations, and real estate and commercial transactions. She joined the firm in 2011, when she moved to Corvallis with her family.
- Estate planning both for uncomplicated estates, as well as for estates involving significant assets or complex issues
- Representation of personal representatives, trustees and heirs in estate and trust administration
- Business and tax planning, and the structuring of business transactions, including planning and providing advice concerning the formation of new business entities, the formation of non-profit and charitable entities, sales of business entities, partnership and shareholder agreements, business successions and other commercial transactions
- Representing individuals and businesses in real estate and general commercial transactions
- Representing estates, individuals, non-profit organizations and businesses in tax audits, applications for tax exemption and tax controversies before the IRS
- Georgetown University Law Center, LLM in Taxation.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Utah, B.S., Political Science and Economics
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Tax Section
- Estate Planning and Administration
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Linn-Benton Bar Association
- Wealth Counsel, a national collaboration of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Benton Hospice Service, Inc. – Board of Directors 2012-Present
- Grace Day Center, Inc. – Board of Directors June 2013 -Present
Prior experience and affiliations
Prior to joining the firm, Marilyn had been a partner at O’Malley, Miles, Nylen & Gilmore, PA, a Maryland law firm. She was actively involved in the Suburban Maryland Estate Planning Council, and had served as the Chairperson of the Montgomery County Bar Association’s Estates and Trusts Section. Marilyn was also a frequent speaker at continuing legal education seminars on matters involving estate planning, including estate and gift tax laws, and real estate matters.