Jeanne practiced law in Corvallis from 1990 through her retirement in January 2020. Prior to opening her local firm, she practiced with a large Philadelphia law firm and was in-house counsel to a software company. She has been a frequent speaker in Oregon and nationally at continuing education classes for attorneys, accountants and other professionals in estate and business planning. For a list of her publications, see “Publications” below.
- Representing small to mid-size business including startup high technology ventures and family businesses.
- Extensive experience in charitable trusts, family limited liability companies, irrevocable gift trusts, IRA standalone trusts, incentive trusts, and business succession planning.
- Estate planning including preparation of living trusts and wills, minimizing estate taxes, charitable planning, asset protection, and wealth preservation.
- Advising nonprofit organizations on formation, operations and charitable giving.
- Temple University School of Law, magna cum laude, where she was Managing Editor of the Law Review.
- Purdue University, B.A. in political science.
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Estate Planning and Administration Section
- Business Law Section
- Computer Law Section
- Wealth Counsel, a national collaboration of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Wealth Advisors, a national collaboration of Estate Planning Professionals
- Benton Hospice Service, Inc. — Board of Directors 1992-1998, 2006 to 2011
- Business Enterprise Center (a local business incubator) – Board of Directors 1993 – 2011
- Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation — Board of Trustees 1997 – present
- Corvallis Chamber of Commerce — Board of Directors 1995- 2001
Experience before starting the Firm
- Six years working in sales and marketing for two Fortune 500 companies, Johnson & Johnson and Container Corporation of America.
- Associate, Saul, Ewing, Remick & Saul, a large Philadelphia law firm.
- Deputy Corporate Counsel to Shared Medical Systems Corporation, a publicly traded provider of software and data processing services to the health care industry.